Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
Over the past couple of years, one of the many bonuses of holding a Hyatt co-branded credit card has been Hyatt’s bonus points promotions targeted at card holders only. Well, it has been a while since we last saw such a promotion, but starting early next year, a new one will go live.
Between 2 January and 5 March 2023, holders of the World of Hyatt credit card (review) and holders of the World of Hyatt Business credit card can earn 1,000 bonus points per stay (min. 2 nights) at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place properties worldwide.
- You must be a World of Hyatt Credit Cardholder or World of Hyatt Business Credit Cardholder to participate
- Registration is required by 31 January 2023
- Only Eligible Stays completed after registration and between 2 January and 5 March 2023 will count towards this promotion.
- Beginning on your first Eligible Stay after registration and during the Promotion Period, you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points for every Eligible Stay of at least two (2) or more consecutive nights at participating Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels.
- A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this promotion.
- All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
- For purposes of this promotion, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page
I value Hyatt points at 1.4 cents each (based on the value that I know that I can get out of them with relative ease) so based on that valuation, this promotion is offering an effective rebate of $14 on every eligible 2 night stay.
That’s not hugely exciting and clearly, this isn’t a big enough incentive for anyone to make any new bookings, but if you’re a cardholder who was planning to make one or more stays at Hyatt House/Place properties in the first two months of 2023 anyway, it’s still a nice bonus to have so it’s worth registering anyway.
Be aware that after you register, you may see a screen that looks like this…
…and because the terms and conditions of the promotion talk about “participating properties”, it may appear as if only 4 Hyatts are actually participating in this promotion. Rest assured, that’s not the case.
I’ve checked directly with Hyatt and have been told that all Hyatt House and Hyatt Place properties are participating in this promo.
If you hold the World of Hyatt credit card and/or the World of Hyatt Business credit card, you are eligible to register for a promotion which will allow you to earn 1,000 bonus points on eligible stays made at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place properties early next year.
Registration is required (here) and only stays consumed after registration will qualify for the bonus points.