Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
Qatar Airways has launched a new promotion to coincide with the greatest “Hallmark Holiday” of them all (Valentine’s Day) and is offering select flyers up to 25% off companion fares booked into Economy or Business Class.
Buy two tickets and save up to 25% on the second ticket
- Book between 8 February and 14 February, 23:59 EST
- Travel between: 10 February and 30 April 2023 or 20 August and 31 October 2023
- All travel must be completed by 31 October 2023
- Travel must originate in the United States or Canada
The terms & conditions
Per Qatar Airways:
- Booking period: February 08 – February 14, 2023, 11:59pm EST
- Travel period (outbound): February 10 – April 30, 2023; August 20 – October 31, 2023; all travel must be completed by October 31, 2023
- Blackout Dates (Inbound): August 07 – September 04, 2023
- Minimum Stay: 2 Days
- Maximum Stay: 4 Months
- The offer is valid on Qatar Airways operated flights only.
- The offer is valid on Economy Class Classic and Business Class Lite and Classic on selected origin-destination itineraries.
- Discount is applicable when two tickets are purchased at same time.
- The discount is deducted from the ‘fare per passenger’ amount visible in the price breakdown summary after flight selection. Any other taxes, service fees or standard market charges will be payable and displayed at the time of booking.
- Offer is not combinable with any other promotion.
- Qatar Airways will not be held responsible for any fare differences if a customer does not book for two passengers at the time of booking as stated in the Redemptions Conditions section.
- The incentive is valid on Qatar Airways operated return flight itineraries worldwide, excluding codeshare and interline partnerships.
- Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- In case of involuntary flight cancellation, the passenger can rebook and change dates or destination to any alternative Qatar Airways operated flight.
- Any change or cancellation less than 3 hours prior to the stated time of departure will be considered as no-show, whereby no-show penalties will apply.
- For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply to the entire itinerary.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
- Qatar Airway’s terms and conditions will also apply to your booking, please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking to learn more about the official conditions related to changes, cancellations, and no-shows.
These terms and conditions have been copied from the promotion page, but please check them again before booking in case the airline has made any changes.
Just like all Qatar Airways discount promotions, the amount that you can save will almost certainly vary from route to route and by the cabin being booked (you’re unlikely to find a 25% discount for Business Class travel to Sydney, for example) but the discounts are there and some of the savings can be substantial.
Overall, this looks like a nice promotion, but the savings on offer will vary significantly depending on the booking that you’re hoping to make so keep your expectations in check and you should be ok.
If you start exploring your options with the expectation that you’ll find a mind-blowing deal, you’re going to be disappointed. If, however, you approach this as an opportunity to make an unexpected saving on a trip that you’d like to take, you’ll probably come out of this smiling.
Through 14 February, Qatar Airways is offering customers up to 25% off a companion fare (a second ticket) for departures out of the United States and Canada. Be aware that because the promotion talks about discounts of “up to 25%”, all participating routes will not offer the same discount so you’ll have to dig around to find the very best deals.