Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
If you ever miss out on a Marriott Homes & Villas promotion, don’t worry as another promotion is almost certainly around the corner. To prove that point, just days after the last promotion ended, the Homes and Villas team has just launched a new deal in which select bookings will (again) earn double Bonvoy points.
- Registration is not required for this promotion.
- Marriott Bonvoy Members earn double points per stay at a participating home rental between December 5, 2022 (12:01 AM EST) – December 19, 2022 (11:59 PM EST) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy website (“HVMB Platform”).
- Stays of two (2) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning December 5, 2022, up to and including nights stayed on or before March 31, 2023.
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMB Platform.
- After the stay is completed, the promotion bonus Points awarded will be equal to the number of base Points earned per stay. Therefore, for each qualifying U.S. dollar spent, 10 total Points will be awarded.
- Promotion bonus Points are calculated based on 2X base Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period and do not include Elite bonus points also awarded for the stay.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMB Platform.
- Home rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMB Platform: however, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program and do not participate in this promotion.
- Award redemption stays where Points are redeemed for a portion of, or the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion.
- Provided that the correct Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account Number is added as part of the booking process, Points will automatically appear in the Member’s Account three (3) to six (6) weeks (21–42 days) following the completion of their stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Marriott Homes & Villas potential earnings
Homes & Villas bookings earn all Bonvoy members a standard 5 points/dollar before any elite status bonuses are factored in. This promotion will therefore double that to 10 points/dollar.
On top of that, we have the Bonvoy elite bonuses which will make the potential earnings look like this:
- Member – 10 points/dollar (no additional bonus)
- Silver Elite – 10.5 points/dollar (includes 10% bonus on base earnings)
- Gold Elite – 11.25 points/dollar (includes 25% bonus on base earnings)
- Platinum Elite – 12.5 points/dollar (includes 50% bonus on base earnings)
- Titanium & Ambassador Elite – 13.75 points/dollar (includes 75% bonus on base earnings)
There’s no question that Bonvoy Points will take a huge hit in value from next year when Marriott moves to dynamic pricing for award bookings, but as points from these promotions will be earned before that devaluation and will be usable with the current award charts, anyone prepared to make Marriott bookings before the end of the year should be able to extract some value from this deal.
As things stand, I continue to value Bonvoy Points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them with relative ease) despite the partial move to dynamic pricing and that means that the latest Homes & Villas promotion allows Bonvoy members to earn effective rebates of between 6% and 8.25%.
The Homes & Villas marketing team is now running a new promotion that doubles the number of base Bonvoy points that members can earn when they make a booking of 2 or more nights through the Homes & Villas website by 19 December 2022 for stays with a checkout date of 31 March 2023 or earlier.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Homes & Villas